The goal of the lesson is to work under the topic «Christmas time».
- To revise words connected with the given topic;
- To activate reading and listening skills;
- To expand pupils’ knowledge according to the given topic.
Good morning, children! Today we’re going to have a game – lesson.
Sit down according to your teams! You are to do my tasks. Each right
answer is one point to your team. The team which gains more points will
be the winner.
Are you ready for the game - lesson? Let’s see: who is the captain
of the 1st team?-Lera is the captain and the name of the team is
Who is the captain of the 2nd team? - Sasha is the captain and the name of the team is "Snowmen”.
(капитаны показывают эмблемы команд).
So, captains, do you know any poems about the winter months?-Yes (капитаны по очереди читают стихи о зимних месяцах):
When there's snow,
We get our sleds
And away we go.
Is always full of fun;
Today we coasted down the hill,
Until the set of sun.
OK. Thank you very much. But before starting a game here is a warm-up minute - some questions about Christmas:
- When do people celebrate Christmas Day in Europe? - The 25th of December is Christmas Day in Europe .
- What do people usually send to their friends on Christmas? –
People usually send greeting cards to all their relatives and friends.
- What do people usually do on Christmas Eve? - ответ любого из
учащихся – On Christmas Eve people usually put their presents under the
- What food do people usually eat for Christmas dinner? - ответ
любого из учащихся – People usually eat turkey, potatoes with green
vegetables, a pudding with tea for Christmas dinner.
- Children, I want to know – what grammar tense did I use in each
my question? - ответ любого из учащихся – The Present Simple Tense.
2. The 1st task for the teams.
Pupils, you are to continue a chain in a logical order:
Continue a logical chain:
- Spring, summer, autumn… ответ- winter
- Red, green, blue… ответ- pink
- Dog, cat, rabbit… ответ-fox
- January, February, September… ответ-December
- Coffee, tea, juice… ответ-milk
- Morning, afternoon, evening… ответ-night
- Ten, eleven, twelve… ответ-thirteen
3. The 2nd task for the teams.
Children, now you should make as many words as possible from the
word "CONGRATULATIONS”. Each right word is one point to the team.
Ответ: cat, our, on, no, rat, tag, son, sun, not.
4. Now I’d like you to declare some poems about winter and winter time.
Учащиеся выходят в центр класса и декламируют стихотворения о зиме.
5. Now it’s time to dance and sing "Jingle Bells” .Учащиеся танцуют и поют песню "Jingle Bells Rock”.
6. The 3rd task is to find the definitions of the words. Each right answer is one point to the team:
- A winter a) a day when you have a party
- Santa b) a false face
- A holiday c) a season beginning with December
- A present d) you may write it to Santa
- A mask e) he brings presents to children
- A letter f) you get it on birthday and Christmas day
- A winter - a season beginning with December
- Santa - he brings presents to children
- A holiday - a day when you have a party
- A present - you get it on birthday and Christmas day
- A mask - a false face
- A letter - you may write it to Santa
7. The 4th task is to guess the riddles about winter and winter time.
Each right answer is one point to the team:
It’s blue by night,
By day it’s white.
It is cold and not dry,
It falls from the sky. (Snow.)
Higher than a house,
higher than a tree –
Oh, what can that be? (The sky.)
I come with cold and snow.
But you like me and know. (Winter.)
It is white, it is cold.
You can skate on it.
What is it? (Ice)
What man can’t live inside the house? (A snowman)
8. Now dear pupils, I want you to come to me and to make a circle.
Children, let’s wish to your neighbor something bright and
special.Учащиеся встают в круг и желают что-то хорошее своему соседу.
Пожелания делаются по часовой стрелке):
I wish you love - > I wish you happiness - > I wish you joy -
> I wish you good holidays - > I wish you to get good marks…
Когда цепочка желаний замыкается, дети разворачиваются и поют песню "We wish you a Merry Christmas”
9. The 5th task is to listen to the questions and answer them.
Учащиеся слушают вопросы, отвечают на них. Ответ на вопрос дан на пленке после заданного вопроса.
10. The 6th task for the teams.
Captains, please, come to me and choose one of the cards with the
text. These texts are about celebrations Christmas in different
countries. Your task is to read the chosen text and guess the country.
1. In this city a lot of people gather in Times Square and watch
the "Big Apple” fall. The "Big Apple” isn’t a real apple. It’s a moving
picture of an apple on a side of one of the big buildings in Times
Madrid, New York, Moscow
Ответ- New York
2. This country is sometimes called "the upside down world”. It lies
in the Southern Hemisphere. During the Christmas holidays people often
sunbathe on the beach or swim and surf in the ocean.
Egypt, Ireland, Australia
11. The 7th task is to solve the Christmas crossword.
12. Children, it’s the time to count the gained points.
"Snowflakes” gained more points (20) than "Snowmen”. So they are the winners! Our congratulations!!!
13. And the final part of our game is a song "Happy New Year”.
Let’s sing it together!!! Thank you for the game - lesson. Good-bye.