- Развивающие: развитие навыков аудирования и
устного высказывания по теме.
- Информационные: обобщение имеющихся у учеников
знаний по теме.
- Воспитательные: обучение культуре устного
Оборудование: интерактивная доска, CD-диск.
T. Today we are going to speak about the world around us. Some days ago we read
about Zardak, an alien from the planet Vecon. Today he is our guest.
Pupils: Hi! How are you?
Zardak: Fine. Thanks. Who are you?
Pupils imagine that they are from different countries. They say what their names
(nationalities) are, where they are from and what language they speak.
Example: My name is Van Lee. I’ m from Vietnam. I’ m Vietnamese. My language is
Zardak: People on our planet like to play the game "Snowballs”. Let’s play it
now. I’ll start.
You can see mountains on the Earth.
Pupil 1: You can see mountains and seas on the Earth…….
1. ANSWER THE QUESTIONS. Pupils answer the teacher’s questions and mark their answers
on the map.
a). What is the name of the planet we live on?
b) How many oceans are there on our planet? Show them on the map.
c). How many continents are there? What are they?
d) What separates the continents from each other?
e). There are many countries on each continents, aren’t there?
f).What is the largest country in the world?
g).What is the smallest country in the world?
h). Zardak, and what do you see when you look at the Earth from your planet?
2. THE GUINESS BOOK. The Biggest, Highest and Longest On the Earth.
I’ m sure everybody knows about The Guiness Book of Records, which contains facts
about outstanding events in the world. Here are some lines from it. You must guess the
- ……….……….is the largest country in the world.
- ……….……….is the highest mountain on the Earth.
- ……….……….is the largest ocean in the world.
- ……….……….is the highest waterfall on the Earth.
- ………………..is the largest lake in the world.
- ………………..is the largest island on the Earth.
- ………………..is the longest river in the world.
- ………………..is the most populated continent.
Asia, the Nile, Russia, the Caspian Sea, Greenland, Angel, Everest, the Pacific Ocean
3. THE NAMES OF THE COUNTRIES.
T: Look at the cards and write the names of the countries.
a) nadaca b) ssirua c) anihc d) ncefra e) iyatl f) aauisatrl
T: Do the following crossword
- The continent where people celebrate Christmas and New Year in summer.
- A large country in North America.
- Egypt is in ….
- A country in South America.
- Delhi is the capital of this country.
- A continent where people don’t live only work.
- One of the parts of Great Britain.
- The English for континент.
5. THE INTERVIEW WITH THE ALIEN.
Here is an interview with the alien Can you match the questions with the answers?
Where are you from?
Is it a beautiful planet?
That’s very interesting and what colour are your trees?
Are there any rivers on your planet?
Are there any animals on your planet?
Do you eat your animals?
Have you got any photos of your planet?
Do you like music?
Music? What is it?
No, we don’t. We eat only flowers.
No, there aren’t. But there are a lot of lakes on it. The water is pink and very hot.
Yes, it is. The sky is yellow, the grass is red, the mountains are blue.
Yes, there are a lot of animals. And all of them can fly.
There are no trees on our planet, only flowers.
I’m from a little planet not far from the Mars?
Yes, I have. Look, this is my house. And this is my girl– friend. She is very green.
6. GEOGRAPHY QUIZ.
MAKE YOUR CHOICE.
- Where is Loch Ness Monster from?
- Where do kangaroos live?
- in Africa
- in South America
- in Australia
- What is the capital of Egypt?
- What is the capital of the USA?
- New York
- What is the driest continent?
- Where do pandas live?
- in Pandaland
- What did James Cook discover?
8. WHERE ARE THESE PEOPLE FROM?
T: Look at these pictures and say where these people are from.
9. OUR PLANET IN FUTURE.
T: Now let’s speak about the life on our planet in future. What do
you think about it. (Pupils’ short stories)
T: Now you will listen to the short stories about different countries. You must
guess their names and explain your answers.
Let’s speak about aliens .Ask 10 people .You must give YES/ NO answers.
Ask your classmates if they have ever been to another planet.
Ask your classmates if they have visited another country.
Ask your classmates if they like to watch films about aliens.
Ask your classmates if they like to read books, articles about UFO
Ask your classmates if they would like to meet an alien.
Ask your classmates if they imagine aliens as kind.
Ask your classmates if they think that people will fly to other planets soon.
Ask your classmates if they think that aliens exist.
Ask your classmates if they would like to visit other planets.
Let’s see the results. Fill in the chart. How many people …?
Now you’ll watch an extract from the film about the beauty of our planet.
VII. A MESSAGE TO ANOTHER PLANET.
Zardak: Oh, I see that your planet is beautiful, but there is no place like home. I
must return to my planet.
T: Children, let’s send a message to Zardak’s planet, but don’t forget that
aliens don’t know our language. (Children draw a picture– message to another planet
and give it to Zardak.)