- Развивающий аспект – развитие мышления,
воображения, привитие навыков самостоятельной
- Учебный аспект – совершенствование навыков
монологической и диалогической речи, а также
навыков аудирования по теме "Какие мы?”.
Активизация употребления лексики по теме,
повторение притяжательного падежа имен
существительных и степеней сравнения
- Воспитательный аспект – воспитание умения
работать в сотрудничестве с другими, уважения к
себе и другим.
Виды речевой деятельности: говорение,
чтение, аудирование, письмо.
Режим работы: фронтальный, групповой,
аудиокассета с текстом "The Birds and the Frog”, карточки
– задания, мультимедийный проектор, экран,
сюжетные картинки в презентации "Power Point”.
I. Warm up.
Good morning. Nice to meet you. How are you? I hope everybody is fine. Now have a look
at the screen and read the proverbs:
- Handsome is as handsome does.
- Clothes don’t make the man.
- Deeds, not words.
- A good deed is never lost.
- A good name is better than riches.
- Appearances are deceptive.
So what will be the theme of our lesson?
P1: People’s characteristics.
Yes, you are quite right. Do you think boys and girls have different traits of
character? Will you recite a poem about boys and girls?
What are little boys made of?
"Ships and snails, and puppy dogs tails
That’s what little boys are made of!”
What are little girls are made of?
"Sugar and spice and all things nice
That’s what little girls are made of!”
P3: Boys are brave and girls are nice.
II. Контроль говорения.
1. What do we say when a person
a). always tells the truth;
b). helps other people;
c). acts like a friend;
d). has good manners;
e). doesn’t smile;
f). doesn’t help his parents;
g). likes jokes;
h). is interested only in himself;
i). gets "5”s in English;
j). is never afraid.
|P1: He is honest.
||P5: A person is serious.
||P9: She is good at English.
|P2: He is helpful.
||P6: He is lazy.
||P10: He is brave.
|P3: He is friendly.
||P7: She has a sense of humour.
|P4: A person is polite.
||P8: He is selfish.
2. What do you think about your classmates?
P1: We never chatter about our classmates.
P2: Our boys are more interested in sports than our girls.
P3: Our girls are more helpful at home than boys.
P4: We never call names and tease.
P5: Sometimes we quarrel with each other.
P6: Our girls care about how they look. They like to wear nice clothes.
P7: We are friendly.
Well, fine. Now let’s work in groups and describe one of your classmates and the
others will guess who is meant.
Group 1. She is a good-looking girl. She is tall. Her hair is long, dark and wavy. Her
eyes are not big. They are grey. She likes to wear nice clothes. She is good-mannered. She
never calls names. She always tells the truth. She is good at Maths. (Klava)
Group 2. He is a good student. He is not tall. His hair is short and fair. His eyes are
blue. Usually he wears a pullover and jeans. He is friendly and helpful. He is sociable.
He is interested in sports. (Arkadi)
3. Marvelous. There are 12 star signs, you know. What do astrologers say about your
P1: Astrologers say that Leo people are honest, confident and generous. They are good
leaders. Besides they are good at Arts. They are active. They like to buy presents for
P2: My star sign is Virgo….
4. Well done. Do you agree with what the astrologers say about your star sign? Exchange
your opinions. (Работа ведется в парах).
P1 – P2
P3 – P4
Let’s summarize what you have learnt.
(Ученики сообщают информацию о своем
III. Повторение грамматического материала.
1. Possessive case of nouns.
2. Degrees of comparison of adjectives.
I suppose you know a lot of fairy tales. And fairy tale characters have also some good
and bad qualities. Have a look at the screen. Whose things are these? (На слайдах изображены предметы,
принадлежащие разным сказочным персонажам
- A glass shoe. It’s Cinderella’s glass shoe. She is shy and hardworking.
- A jar of honey. Winnie – the- Pooh’s jar of honey. He is funny and kind.
- A chair. A small bear’s chair. The small bear is upset.
- A key. Buratino’s key. He is merry and friendly.
- Boots. These are Puss’s boots. Puss in Boots is clever and inventive.
- These are three pigs’ houses. The three pigs are friendly.
- This is a red hat. It is Little Red Riding Hood’s hat. She is kind and helpful.
- A house. It is the seven dwarfs’ house.
- A flower. It’s Thumbelina’s home. She is very small but she is brave.
- It is Peter Pan. These are Peter Pan’s friends.
- A tin soldier. This is the tin soldier’s gun. The tin soldier is brave and strong.
Now use the adjectives in the necessary form:
- Winnie – the Pooh is the (funny) bear in the wood.
- Cinderella is (hardworking) than her stepsisters.
- Buratino’s nose is the (long).
- The small bear is the (young) in his family.
- Carlson is the (handsome) man in the world.
- Snow White is (beautiful) than her stepmother.
- Peter Pan is (strong) than Captain Hook.
- Thumbelina is (small) than Little Red Riding Hood.
IV. Ask 6 questions to your neighbor and guess the name of a fairy tale
(Половина учащихся получает карточки с именем
героя, а вторая половина задает вопросы своим
напарникам и угадывает его имя. Работа ведется в
парах сменного состава.)Ask questions:
- if it is a boy (girl, animal, woman, man);
- where he or she lives;
- if he or she is strong (angry, nice, helpful greedy, industrious, lazy);
- if her or his family is big (small, friendly);
- what he or she likes;
- what he or she likes to wear;
- what he or she likes to do;
- if he or she has fiends.
P1: Are you a man? Do you live in the house? Do you like sweets? Are you handsome?
IV. Listen to the text "The Birds and the Frog” and be ready to answer the
questions. (Текст прослушивается 2 раза)
The frog lives in the river. It has two friends, two big white birds. The birds want to
fly to another river. The Frog asks them to take her with them. "Very well”, say the
birds. "Do you see this stick? Take one end, my friend takes the other, and you must
take the stick in your mouth in the middle. You must not speak. Don’t open your
mouth!” So one bird takes one end of the stick, the other bird takes the other end, and
the frog takes the stick in its mouth in the middle. They fly to another river. Some
children are in the forest. They see the Birds and the Frog in the sky. "Look!” –
they say. "What have the birds got? What is it? It is a big clock!” The Frog opens its
mouth and says: "I am not a clock! I am not a clock! I am a Frog!” And it falls down.
1. Read the words:
A stick, one end, the other end, another, sky
2. Choose the right answer.
The frog lives in … . (in the wood, in the river, in the lake)
Its friends are … . (two ducks, three pigs, two birds)
The birds want to fly to another … (river, sea, lake).
The frog asks to … (take, help, see) her.
The children see the frog in the … (sea, river, lake)
The children think it is … (a stone, a frog, a clock)
The frog says … (I am happy, I am a frog, I am flying)
3. Answer the questions:
a). Are the birds true friends?
b). Is this frog clever?
c). Who do you like more – the birds or the frog?
Let’s write a poem (cinquain). In this poem you will express your ideas about the
things we have discussed today.
(Учащиеся работают в группах. Пишут
стихотворение, соблюдая правила написания
Jumps, swims, has friends
Can’t keep her word
Live, fly, sing,
Give a helping hand.
Study, help, play
Give a helping hand
VI. Подведение итогов урока.
Your poems are nice. Thank you for your creative work. You deserve excellent and good
marks. Your home task is to make a miniproject "My favourite book character”.