The teacher's role is to make learning English a joyful activity thus making children to be interested and willing to study it. Children learn what language is and what it can do by communicating with other people.
It's better when children learn language by doing, through action when they learn it through using their senses. They will enjoy role - playing more if they can dress up for it and use real things.
Encourage pupils to contribute their own ideas. For example: designing clothes, decorating the room for a party, choosing rhymes, poems, music, songs, dishes, jokes, changing the plan of the party. Let pupils move freely around, the room talking to each other, involve children expressing their feelings more freely.
Don't be afraid to let children move about and be more excited and joyful.
The more pupils practice speaking English, the more their confidence and fluency will probably increase.
1. Give a pupil an opportunity to use his own personality in creating the material and making improvisations.
2. Sustain interest of your pupils to culture, traditions and customs of the English - speaking countries.
3. Sustain motivation by encouraging children to be creative.
4. The main aim of learning a language is to learn to communicate in that language. Encouraged by their success they will try again and again. Do not interrupt the activity. Let children communicate.
1) Language is presented through realistic activities.
2) The activities can be carried out in different ways. The holidays, parties, festivals of music, drama, songs are the most pupil - centered of all the activities. The teacher's role is primarily to set up the activity.
3) First of all, let the pupils discuss the possible developments of the story. Encourage them to use English for discussion where they can. The more they use English in frond of each other, the less inhibited they will be.
4) Christmas party was accompanied by realistic pictures and situations from Christmas fairy tale songs, things to clarify the context in which the language was presented.
5) Act out the drama "Christmas Surprises " in front of the guests, classmates, teachers, parents.
6) Pupils must be praised and if it is possible give prizes.
7) These will help to make the learning process easier, more enjoyable and also more effective.
Воспитательная задача: формирование у школьников уважения, интереса к культуре и народу страны изучаемого языка.
Развивающая задача: развитие интеллектуальных и познавательных способностей у учащихся.
Образовательная задача: расширение языковой и коммуникативной компетенции учащихся.
I. There are:
1) Christmas lights around the room;
2) Сandles of different colures;
3) Music on postcards "Merry Christmas";
4) The blackboard is designed by Christmas drawings and pictures;
5) The room is beautifully designed by New Year toys and souvenirs.
II. The teacher comes in. And the Christmas lights, the lights of the candles and the sounds of the wonderful Christmas music full the room.
"A good time is coming,
I wish it were here,
The very best time
In the whole of the year;
I'm counting each day
On my fingers and thumbs-
The weeks that must pass
Before Santa Clause comes".
III. Christmas Surprise №1.
The Music sounds louder (For example, "Happy New Year" by "Abba" group or the music to the song "Jingle Bells" etc.)
The children in costumes with shining lights in their hands come in.
They are dressed like little elves.
Santa Clause comes in:
Santa: Merry Christmas, my dear elves.
Elves: Merry Christmas, Santa .We have a present for you. Just only, listen. Moreover, you have to guess who the quickest is.
The children pronounce tongue Twisters for Christmas Eve one by one
1. Seven Santas sang silly songs.
2. Santa's sleigh slides on slick snow.
3. Bobby brings bright bells.
4. Running reindeers romp round red wreaths.
5. Tiny Timmy trims the tall tree with tinsel.
6. Chilly chipper children cheerfully chant.
7. Two trains travel together to Toyland.
8. Eleven elves licked eleven little licorice lollipops.
9. Santa's sack sags slightly.
10. Ten tiny tin trains toot ten times.
11. Santa stuffs Stephie's striped stockings.
Santa: "That's all right"
"Thank you very much, my friends!" "I guess you are all the quickest." He takes off his cap and puts it on the sledge.
Elf-1 :( He is the least of the rest) "What a nice cap! My Size!"
He takes Santa's cap, tries it on (it is too big for him)
He hides himself under the New Year Tree.
Santa: "Where is my cap?
I can't do without my magic cap!
Oh, my God! What shall I do?"
He leaves the room whispering: "What shall I do? What shall I do?"
Elves: "What shall we do? (2times)
What shall we do without Santa?"
They express their feelings very emotionally.
Elf-2: "That's the way out:
We'll do a new Santa out of pure paper .And then we shall put the paper Santa under the New Year Tree. At 12 o' clock at night, the paper Santa will turn to be alive. Hurry up! There are only ten minuets left."
They are making Santa out of the red and white sheets of paper.
HOW TO MAKE PAPER SANTA
Pupils will need one sheet of origami paper (red\white) or one sheet of red paper and a sheet of white paper. Do not forget scissors, glue and colored pencils! Fold your paper very carefully so that your finished Santa Claus looks neat and tidy. You will need two squares of paper of the same size (red on one side and white on the other), glue.
The children one by one comment what they are doing:
Elf- 1. Body: fold one square in half from the bottom to top, with the colored side on top.
E-2. Fold it in half from side to side.
E-3. Open out the paper.
E-4. Fold it in the top and bottom a little.
E-5. Turn the paper over. Fold in to meet in the middle so your paper looks like this:
E- 6. Fold the top corners of paper outwards from the middle as shown.
E-7. Fold the top down to the point as shown. Now the body is finished.
E-8. Face and hat: take the other square with the colored side on the top. From the bottom point, fold the sides in a little as shown.
E-9. Fold the top point over once or twice.
E-10. Turn the paper over. First fold the left-hand side over one - third of the way. Then fold over the right-hand side.
E-11. Fold the top down at an angle as shown.
E-12. Fold up the bottom to make Santa's chin.
E-13. Glue the head and the body together.
E-14. Give Santa some cut - out boots and gloves and paint him a jolly face.
The children put the paper Santa under the New Year Tree. It becomes dark in the room. The clock strikes 12 times! The children are counting from one to twelve. The Big Ben Clock shows 12 sharp. Only the Bengal Lights shine brightly in the darkness. Santa appears out of that magnificent darkness. The children are happy ever so much… They express their feelings very emotionally.
Elves: "Come in, Santa. It is fantastic. We are happy. You are with us again.
Santa comes in.
Elf-1: "I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry Santa! Here you are."
He gives Santa his cap back.
Santa: "That's all right. Do not worry. Forget it.
He sits down on the chair and puts his cap on. Elf 1 sits next to him. They are friends now. They switch on the light.
Music goes on. It may be the music from the songs "Happy New Year", "Silent night" or any other Christmas music from the songs. It sounds magnificently in the room. Just like in the Heavens.
The children recite the poems "We wish you a Merry Christmas", "Christmas Message" etc.
"We wish you a merry Christmas,
We wish you a merry Christmas,
We wish you a merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
We want some foggy pudding
And a cup of good cheer.
We won't go until we get some
So bring it out here!
We wish you a merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!"
IV. Christmas Surprise №2.
The elves sit down on the chairs, which are decorated very brightly.
Elf-1: "Santa, I think we should cook a Christmas pie for the children. The children all over the world like sweet pies."
Santa: "No problem. Let's cook it together.
We need a lemon, a packet of sugar, flour, baking
powder, eggs, concentrated milk, chocolate, oranges,
The elves put the aprons on, wash their hands. They move their fingers just like surgeons before the operation. They take the ingredients, knives, forks, sticks to mix, napkins and so on, and so forth. They are just like conjurers.
There is a big pan on the oven. One by one, the elves come up to the pan and throw the ingredients into it, saying.
They put the cover on the pan.
Santa takes the pan and shakes it.
- Santa: "One, two, three."
- Elves: "One, two, three."
Santa touches the pan with his magic stick.
Santa opens the pan and takes the frog out of it. (It may be a frog-toy. We have put it into the pan beforehand.)
Santa: "Wow! Fantastic!"
Elves: "Fantastic? Wow?" They look at each other greatly surprised.
Santa puts the cover on the pan.
Santa: "1, 2, 3"
Elves: "1, 2, 3"
Santa touches the pan with his magic stick.
He opens the pan.
There is a snake. He is very very much surprised…………
E-s:" Fantastic! Super!"
Elf-1:" Santa! And where is the Christmas Pie?"
S:" I don't know. I cannot cope with my magic trick.
Help me, please."
Music is fantastic. The lights are turned off.
Only little wonderful colorful Christmas lights are turned on.
Elves are round the pan. Santa fires the candle. He comes up to the pan. He feels himself responsible for the majestic process of cooking. He touches the cover of the pan with his majestic stick and counts.
S: "One, two, three."
E-v: "One, two, three."
Everybody waits for the Christmas Wonder.
Santa opens the cover of the pan. Oh! There is a Christmas Pie at last. It is wonderful by sight and delicious by taste.
We put the Christmas pie was put into the pan beforehand when it was dark.
V. Christmas Surprise №3
A Fairy comes in. She is dressed in a beautiful, bright, fantastic costume. A Fairy: "It is Christmas Eve. Santa is about to start his journey around the earth. He wants to visit the children all over the world and to bring presents for them."
It is snowy. It is a fantastic snowfall!
Elves throw white artificial snow up. We use the ventilator to express the snowstorm Music...Lights…Snow…Snow. It falls down the earth from the Heavens…Suddenly the b wind begins to blow.
Santa is very nervous. He is walking to and fro.
- Santa: "Hurry up, Elves! Do not forget to put all the presents in my sleigh. I do not want any children to be sad on Christmas because I could not fill their stockings on that day. You know we have to be in time. The wind becomes ber! There is a great snowfall! The deer will lose their way in such a snowstorm."
- Fairy: "The weather is becoming worse and worse."
( Artificial snow, the sound of wind (ventilator)
- Fairy:" Santa left his house and went to the big sleigh with a deer."
-Elves: "Santa! You should take one more deer.
Santa !We cannot wait until the fog will clear up! Hey, Santa! You should take Rudolph for sure!
"No, Santa! Not Rudolf with his big red nose!"
-Santa: "Rudolf's nose is not only red ,it even glows. It's almost as bright as the moon. It will lighten our way .We won't be able to find our way without him. The light from my lanterns isn't bright enough ."
-Fairy:" Santa thinks a little bit. Then goes to the stall. There is Rudolph -an old, b experienced deer. He is sitting on the sofa watching Christmas Eve Party on TV. He has heard everything .He was very old and did not go anywhere on Christmas later on. .He was a little bit angry with them. He did not feel as old as they imagine. He was very sly. He believed in his fortune and waited for his happy hour. And that hour came.
So Santa comes to the stable.(A knock at the door)
-Good night, Santa!
-Watching Christmas Eve Party on TV?
-Watching T V.
-Rudolf, with your nose so bright, won't you guide my sleigh tonight? Hm…Well…Yah… (Any sounds of an old person will come to) Rudolf: " Now I guide Santa's sleigh every Christmas Eve. The other reindeer do not make fun of me anymore and everyone can be sure find their stockings filled on Christmas Day"
Rudolf's house: a T V, a carpet, a lamp, a cup of tea,
-A song" Jingle Bells"
-Christmas lights, candles, bells, snow storm…
-The Elves, Santa, Rudolf, the guests are sitting in the sleighs. Singing a song" Jingle Bells", shouting "MERRY CHRISTMAS".
Rudolf shouts :"Come on! The children of all over the world are waiting for us!"