Learning to write compositions
- Write an interesting little sentence upon each of the following:
a) Your pet.
b) Your writing-table.
c) Christmas Day.
d) a bar of chocolate
2) Write a sentence upon each member of your family, trying to
depict his most vivd
3) Write a sentence upon each of the following words:
a) Soap, b) Coal, d) Flour, e) Perfume, f) Mustard, g) Sugar
- Put suitable describing words into these sentences:
a) They ran ______ and shouted ______ for help.
b) The lady sang ______, but the boy made a ______ noise.
c) The ______ knight fought ______, but his ______ enemy wore the
______ armour which
no sword could pierce.
- Rewrite the sentences, putting in the describing words that have
been left out:
a) The ______ boy made a _____ effort and at last reached the
______ shelf on which
stood the pot of ______ honey.
b) Jack picked up the ______ sword, and with a ______ stroke cut
off the ______ giant's
c)The _____ policeman took the boy by the hand and pushed his way
_____ through the
- Write three sentences making a little picture of each of the
a) a kitten, that has got lost
b) the trees in a winter forest
c) a grocer's shop before and after Christmas
- Write four sentences upon each of the following:
a) a teacher I know and respect
b) our doctor
c) a railway station
d) the king and the queen
- Write a list of five describing words you would use to describe
each of the following:
a) a glass of orange juice
b) a piece of chalk
c) a fairy
d) a dog-rose
- Rewrite the following sentences, bringing in describing words:
a) The _____ _____ pig made a _____ noise when he saw the _____
_____ wolf coming near
b) The _____ _____ fairy waved her _____ hand, and at once the
_____ cart was turned
into a _____ _____ coach.
c) The _____ burglar climbed in through the _____ window, but the
_____ _____ policeman
- Write three paragraphs upon the following plan:
a) We go for a picnic into the country.
b) We reach a pleasant spot – spread out food – drops of rain –
thunder – heavy
downpour – run.
c) We get home wet through – blazing fire – hot tea.
11) Imagine that someone has never seen these animals and has
asked you to describe
them. See how well you can make bright pictures of them in a few
a) a horse, b) a cow, c) a sheep, d) a cat, e) a donkey, f) a
goat, g) a monkey e) a
shark, f) a crocodile
- Write a description of your dinner-table at Christmas:
a) three minutes before the meal
b) three minutes after the meal
- Write a short account of what you would do if you saw a person in a
river, crying for
- Take a good look around your classroom and:
a)Write an interesting description of it for a friend who lives in
b)Write a description of a school of the future.
- One wet day, you and your brother visit an old mill. No one has
lived there for years.
You creep quietly up the old staircase. Suddenly you hear a strange
noise... Continue the
story in your own words.
- Tomorrow is October, 31. You want to make a scareful Halloween
surprise for your
friends. Describe what you will do. Imagine a possible reaction on
- A horse meets a donkey while walking down the street. They stop to
talk. Write an
interesting account of their conversation.
- Write a short speech to be given to your class on "What I should
do if I got lost in a
- A cat has driven a little mouse under a chair. Write what you
think might be their
- Write a short speech on: "What I would take with me for a picnic
in a desert.”
- On your birthday your uncle takes you up for a trip in an
aircraft. You are enjoying an
exciting ride, but suddenly the engine stops... Tell the complete
- Write a little speach upon: "How to light a fire in the woods.”
- Write a short composition on: "My most vivid dream”.
- You are a reporter, who has sent to interview David Beckham
(George Bush). Write out
your report on the meeting.
- You are a treatre critic, who has to analyze a new hit "The three
pigs”. Write a
newspaper article, taking into consideration that the play is based
a) a modern fairy tale
b) a detective story about disappearance of a little girl in the
c) a scientific report about life of wolves
- You are appointed headmaster of the school. Write a possible
- You have got a wonderful chance of communicating with aliens by
e-mail. Your letter must
contain the most neccessary and important information about humans.
- Write a congratulation card to your former rival on being awarded a
Nobel Prize for a
discovery, which you are sure belongs to a different person.
- Write a police report of the funniest (the most silly) crime of
- Write an imagined spy letter, containing only descriptive words
and attributes without
exact definitions of objects or places (to mislead the possible
enemy). At the same time
the hidden notions (objects) should be easily guessed.
Категория: ИНОСТРАННЫЕ ЯЗЫКИ | | |
|Просмотров: 672 | Загрузок: 0