Цель: развитие навыков
Оборудование: записи на
I. Организационный момент
- Today we will go on discussing the texts about Walt Disney, Mother
Teresa or Slava Polunin. At the end of the lesson you will give a portrait of a
II. Фонетическая разминка
- As usual, we begin with pronunciation. Look at the blackboard. There
is a tongue twister. Listen to my reading first.
Запись на доске:
Who? What? When? Where? Why? Why? Who? What?
When? Where? Why? Why? Who did it?
What did you do? When did you do it? Why?
- Translate it. Read the tongue twister
- Now read it in a natural manner. Then read
it as quickly as you can.
- What sounds do you hear more often? ([w], [d].)
- Name other words with these sounds. Примерный ответ:
[w] - window, win, one, were, was, etc.
[d] - drought, damage, Wednesday, yesterday,
III. Речевая разминка
- Learn to ask questions. Use the words from the tongue twister. Ask
questions to the words in bold. Mind the word order.
1. My auntworked in a hospital many years ago.
2. They will goto the museum next time.
3.1 usually help about the house after classes.
4. We were playing football at the sports ground at 6 o'clock yesterday.
5. Mr. Brown bought a car to visit his mother at weekends'
Keys: 1. Who worked in a hospital many years
ago? 2. What will they do next time? 3. When do you usually help about the
house? 4. Where were you playing football at 6 o'clock yesterday? 5. Why did Mr.
Brown buy a car?
IV. Работа с текстом
- Now that we have trained to ask questions work in groups. Write down
five comprehension questions on the text you read for the
first time. Mind the word order. The tongue twister on the blackboard will help
you. You may use dictionaries.
- Exchange the questions with another group. Try to answer their
I. 1. What are the main characters of Walt
2. What did Walt Disney create except
3. What was Walt Disney interested in in his
4. When did he set up his company?
5. When did Walt Disney die?
II. 1. When was Mother Teresa born?
2. What were her parents?
3. What was the second lesson in Mother
4. What did she do in 1928?
5. Why did she get the Nobel Prize?
III. 1. What does Slava Polunin say about his
2. How has the newspaper "The Irish
Times" described this mime actor?
3. What influenced the creation of his " Snow Show" ?
4. What is a mime?
5. What is Slava Polunin doing now?
- Well, it's time to have a rest.
VI. Развитие речевых навыков на основе текста
- Look through the texts about Walt Disney and Mother Teresa again. Then
close them and open your books at p. 110. Do exercises 5 in writing. Try not to
consult the text.
Один ученик работает у доски.
- When you are through do ex. 6 in writing. Один ученик работает у доски.
- Compare your answers with those on the blackboard.
- So, what have you learnt about Walt Disney and Mother Teresa? Say
sentence by sentence in a chain. Try not to think long and not to stop.
- Now you know a lot about successful people.
Tell us about one of such people. Read the task of ex. 13 on p. 97. Who wants
I respect... He/she is famous for... He/she
is a successful person because he/she is ambitious, smart, intelligent,
creative, independent, sociable, tolerant and industrious. Besides he/she works
hard every day to become better and cleverer.
- Let's make a conclusion and answer the main
question we discuss "Who is a successful person?" Share your ideas
with the class. Use the phrases from the blackboard.
Запись на доске: In my opinion... To my
mind... I must confess... As far as I see it... Frankly speaking...
- At home continue your work on the text
about Slava Polunin.
VII. Подведение итогов урока
- So, we have finished discussing the private
lives of famous people. Is it difficult to become famous? Have you got any
dreams about your future? Will it be successful? That is all for today. The
lesson is over. See you next time.