|– Good morning, everybody!
Can you guess what
we are going to speak about today? Not yet?
– Ok, look at the
words, read them.
– Big Ben, booms, Buckingham Palace, Beautifully, behind.
What sound is often repeated?
Will you create a tongue twister?
Fine, it sounds interesting.
Have you got any ideas about the theme of our lesson?
– Do you remember any?
– Thank you for your answers, you know a lot, but now it is time
to learn some more
about British sights.
– Of course, there are some new words. Try to understand their
- "a castle” means a large ancient building. Kings, queens and
knights lived there
- "a site” means a place of interest
- " wealth” is richness, a lot of
- "annual” which takes place every year
– Is it clear? All right then
Read the text on your own and answer the question: what attracts
tourists to Britain?
Well, for detailed understanding finish my sentences, using the
information from the text
1. If you are interested in history…
2. If you are fond of sports…
3. If you are a nature lover…
4. If you are crazy about taking pictures…
5. If you admire music…
6. If you have a sweet tooth…
7. If you enjoy travelling by ship…
8. If you prefer trains…
– If you were in G. B. now, what site would you like to visit and
– You will make your choice afterawhile. Imagine we have 4
tourist agencies here.
They can offer a lot to see. You have some money and 3 days to spend
in Britain. Find a
tour to your liking
– Who wants to be a tourist?
– Who wants to be a travel agent?
Some useful phrases for tourists:
– Well, you see…
I am interested in …
Keen on …
– Can you give me a piece of advice?
– What can you advise me to visit?
– If you are …, you can V, because it is…
– You will enjoy…
– If I were you, I would V…
Agents, your task is to provide necessary information about sites
you can offer to
Tourists, you can visit all the agencies and choose your own
sightseeing tour. Make
some notes not to forget your ideas.
Questions for the tourists:
– What sight have you chosen?
– Was it difficult to choose?
– What about the agents? Were they helpful?
Questions for the agents:
– What sight was the most popular?
– What are your impressions of the Russian tourists?
– Discuss in groups what things you will need for your trip.
Listen to the ideas and if you have anything to add, do it, please
– If you were in Great Britain, what places would you like to
visit, for how many
days, in what time of a year?
– Think of it, write down your ideas and find a partner, who
would like to do the
– So, have you found anybody in our group who would like to make
the same trip?
– Fine. I hope our dreams will come true. As to your homework,
imagine, you are on
your trip, will you describe it in your letter to your English
teacher. I will enjoy
– Our time is up, thank you for your fruitful work. You did your
best today. Good
II. Фонетическая зарядка
P1: the sound [b]
P2: Beautiful Big Ben booms behind Buckingham
P3: Big Ben booms beautifully behind Buckingham
– Yes, you are right. We’ll get to know new facts about sights of
III. Установка на урок
Опрос учащихся. Приём припоминания.
Использование карты Британии.
P4: The Tower of London.
P5: Edinburgh Castle
P6: Oxford and Cambridge Universities
P7: A historical town Stratford upon Avon, where
IV. Работа с текстом
1. Предтекстовой этап (способ
семантизации лексики – дефиниция.)
– Open your textbooks on page 165, ex 11. Find the title of the
text, will you?
– What is the text about?
P1: It tells about interesting places, which
foreign tourists can
2. Текстовой этап (поисковое чтение)
3. Послетекстовой этап контроль
P1: you can visit the Jorvic Viking center.
P2: you can watch the annual Oxford v. Cambridge
P3: you can travel to Scotland and Lake
P4: you can learn the history of photography in
the National Museum in
P5: you can listen to numerous concerts, operas
P6: you can taste famous chocolate in "Cadbury
P7: you can visit the Royal Marine Museum at
P8: you can come to the National Railway Museum
V. Ролевая игра "В туристическом
Прием " Four Corner Activity” – четырём ученикам,
которые хотят быть агентами, предлагаются 4
вывески с названиями агентств (ученики могут
сделать их самостоятельно заранее). Они
располагаются в 4 углах квадрата и "открывают”
свои агентства. Начинаются диалоги. "Туристы”
посещают все 4 агентства и делают свой выбор.
1. Введение в ситуацию
P1: I do, etc.
2. Опоры для диалогов
3. Установка на задание
P1: Hello! Can I help you?
P2: Yes, please. You see, I am interested in
history of your country.
What historical places can you advise me to visit?
P1: If you are a history lover you can visit
Oxford and Cambridge. You
will enjoy these ancient towns. The tour is not very expensive.
P2: Oh, thank you so much!
P1: You are welcome.
4. Контроль речевой деятельности
P3: I want to visit London, the capital of
classical music. I am
captivated by music. It was difficult to choose. My agent was very
helpful, so I could
make my choice.
P6: The most popular was the annual
Boat Race on the Thames. Russian tourists are very sporty. They
are polite and respect
VI. Обсуждение новой ситуации в группах (учебный
материал 8 класса)
P1: Perhaps, we need passports,
P2: a camera to take photos,
P3: visa, money, a map of Britain
VII. Работа в парах сменного состава
Ученики записывают в тетради
P1: If I had a chance I would visit Britain in
summer for a month, and
I would travel to Scotland and Lake District, because I love
fishing. Would you like to
Затем ученики задают вопросы своим
собеседникам, пока не находят "попутчиков”
P1: Misha and I would like to visit Scotland and
Lake District in
summer, if we had a chance. We both like fishing
VIII. Заключительный этап урока