Цель: повторить и систематизировать
знания по данной теме.
- систематизировать знания по странам: Россия,
- развить навыки аудирования;
- развить у учащихся памяти, логического
- повторить грамматику – будущее время;
- воспитать интерес к английскому языку.
I. Организационный момент
II. Фонетическая разминка
– Good morning my dear children! How are you today? What date is it today? What`s the
weather like today?
– Now let`s begin our lesson with some tongue – twisters. Remember them:
1. Robert Rolley rolled a round roll round,
A round roll Robert Rolley rolled round.
Where`s the round roll Robert Rolley rolled round?
2. Which is this switch?
Which switch is which?
3. In Spain the rain
is mainly in the plain.
III. Great Britain
– Today we`ve got the last lesson on the theme « So many countries, so many
customs». At our previous lessons we talked about three countries. What are they?
– Now let`s begin with Great Britain. At first, tell me, please:
1. How many parts are there in Great Britain? Show me it on the map.
2. What`s the capital of Great Britain? England? Scotland? Wales? Northern Ireland?
3. Look at the blackboard. Find the British flag. How is it called?
How many crosses does the British flag include?
4. Have you ever been to Great Britain? If you were there, what places of interest would
you like to visit?
Task: You have to match the beginning of the sentence in the left-hand
column with the ending of it in the right-hand column to make sentences.
1. The British museum is ...
2. The Tower was ...
3. A monument to Admiral Nelson is ...
4. Sir Christopher Wren built ...
5. The heart of London is ...
6. Londinium is ...
7. London stands ...
a. on the river Thames.
b. St Paul`s Cathedral after the Great Fire.
c. the old name of London.
d. the largest museum in Great Britain.
e. the first prison in Great Britain.
f. in the middle of Trafalgar Square.
g. the City.
(Для удобства можно сделать правую и левую
колонки на одном листе.)
– Now let`s have a talk about the USA.
1. Can you give me a full name of the USA?
2. Who discovered America?
3. What`s the capital of the USA?
4. Who was the first president of the USA?
5. What symbols of America do you know?
6. How many states are there in the USA?
7. Show me the American flag. Can you describe it?
Task: Say «True » or «False»
a) The American flag is often called « The Stars and Stripes».
b) There are four colours on the American flag.
c) There are fifty-two stars on the American flag.
d) Every state in the USA hasn`t its own flag.
e) The national hymn of the USA is called « The Star-Spangled Banner».
f) The Statue of Liberty is a symbol of strength.
g) You can see the American flag everywhere.
1. What`s the largest country in the world?
2. Where is Russia situated?
3. Show me the Russian flag. Describe it.
4. What`s the heart of Moscow?
5. What tree is a symbol of Russia?
6. Who founded Moscow?
Task: Circle the odd one out.
|1. Big Ben
3. Loch Ness
4. Northern Ireland
5. The birch tree
Besides, let`s remember the words which we learnt at the previous lessons.
Task: Listen to the description and think what word is.
1. It`s a small group of houses in the country.
2. It`s systematic knowledge.
3. This is food. I like eating it during Maslenitsa week.
4. It`s a ship which travels in space.
5. It`s very expensive food. We can get it from fish.
6. It`s food. It`s very sweet. Only bees can give us.
7. This is a person who knows a lot of about science.
8. This is a building where students study after school.
1. V_ _ _ _ _ _ (village)
2. S _ _ _ _ _ _ (science)
3. P _ _ _ _ _ _ (pancake )
4. S _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ (spaceship)
5. C _ _ _ _ _ ( caviar)
6. H _ _ _ _ (honey)
7. S _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ (scientist)
8. U _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ (university)
После того, как учащиеся отгадали
зашифрованные слова, учитель предлагает
ответить на следующие вопросы ( для
использования, отработки их в речи).
1. What`s the national food of Russian people?
2. Do you like eating pancakes with sour cream or with honey? What about your sister?
3. What is tastier for you honey or sour cream?
4. Do you want to study at Moscow university when you`ll finish our school?
5. Who was Lomonosov?
Учитель сам решает сколько и какие вопросы
– Now it`s time to have a talk about grammar and remember The Future Tense.
How many ways of talking about the future are there in English? (Future Simple, Present
Continuous, the construction «TO BE GOING TO».)
At first look at the words and make up the sentences, then:
1. Refer the sentences to the Future Simple.
2. Now use the construction « TO BE GOING TO».
3. Express the same idea using the Present Continuous.
The following sentences:
a) Susan/ join us/ the day after tomorrow.
b) I/ play/ the flute.
c) My teacher/ buy/ some notebooks tomorrow.
d) Her parents/ go to Kursk/ next summer.
e) We/ read newspapers/ about our class next Friday.
VIII. Ask 5 types of questions
– Next year my sister will go to the Black Sea with her best friend.
– Repeat all words on the topic « So many countries, so many customs». The next
lesson you`ll have a dictation.