Практическая цель: развивать навыки говорения в ситуациях реального
Цель урока: систематизировать и актуализировать языковые, речевые
знания, навыки и умения.
развить навыки творчества и самостоятельной работы,
аналитического мышления, стремления к самовыражению. Развивать
коммуникативные навыки аудирования.
научить студентов добывать дополнительную информацию
при помощи компьютера, активизировать умения и навыки студентов в устной
речи (монологической и диалогической).
воспитывать потребность в практическом
использовании иностранного языка в сфере учебной деятельности воспитывать
Обеспечение занятия: компьютеры, интерактивная доска, слайды.
Дидактический материал использованный при работе на компьютере:
- A Computer quiz
- Задание на лексику по теме"The Development of Information Technology”
а) перевести с английского языка на русский язык.
- Задание по аудированию
а) agree or disagree
Студенты сидят в компьютерном классе. Звучит спокойная музыка для снятия
напряженности, настроя на работу. На фоне музыки слова преподавателя: Dear
students! I’m glad to meet you at our Internet coffee
2. Речевая подготовка
На доске тема "The Development of Information Technology”
Teacher: "Computers aren’t intelligent, they only think they are”
Teacher: What does it mean?
Student 1: Computer is a machine. It can’t think. People operate it.
Student 2: People write programs. Computer can’t work without
Student 3: We can do a lot of things on computers but we cant do they
3. Активизация лексических единиц по теме.
Teacher: before we start I want you brush up your phonetics. Personal
computers first appeared in the mid – 1970s, and since then they have changed
our lives forever. Think about the different areas in which we use computers.
Студенты называют сферы где используется компьютер, один из студентов
работает со схемой интерактивной доски. В схему вписываются следующие слова:
industry, education, travel, government, medicine, offices, business,
4. Teacher: Today well discuss the computer technology.
Let’s speak about the history of computers.
Студенты сообщают информацию из истории компьютеров.
1883 Charles Babbage, in England, developed the principles of what
later became the electronic computer.
1946 ENIAC, the first electronic computer, was produced in the USA. It
weighed 30 tonnes, and was 5.5 meters high and 24 meters long.
1953 Approximately 100 computers were in use worldwide.
1960 s It became possible to make electronic machines much smaller by
using transistors and integrated circuits.
1969 The United States Defense Department established ARPAnet. This
was the beginning of the Internet. The Internet allows messages to be sent from
one computer to another.
1977 The Apple Computer Company produced the Apple II and millions of
people bought their first computer.
1981 IBM produced the Personal Computer. IBM ‘clones’ made computers
1984 Apple produced the Macintosh computer with an easy-to-use graphic
1990 The World Wide Web was developed for scientists to exchange
information. The WWW is a system which allows computers to communicate with each
other, and exchange graphics and sound as well as that, through the Internet.
1991 CD ROMs first appeared.
1993 The Internet became available to anybody who had a computer, a
modem and a telephone.
5. Teacher: Your future profession connects with information
Do you know some terms about computer.
Студенты выполнят тест на компьютерах
Answer the questions use the glossary on the right.
- What computer system makes it possible to send letters
- What system allows computer users around the world to send and
to obtain in formation?
- What programs provide colorful pictures and sound?
- What is the name of a computer-created "world", which seems
almost completely real?
- What is a special term, which means "to obtain stored
information from a computer's memory"?
- What do we call a disk on which a large quantity of information
can be stored?
- What do you call a sudden, unexpected computer failure?
- What is the term for the electrical or electronic components of
- What do we call a large collection of data that is .stored in a
- What is the term for a set of instructions secretly put into a
computer that destroys the Information stored in it and stops it
from working normally?
- Where on the Internet can you look for information about
products and services offered by a company or organization?
- What is WWW?
- What store of information can you easily put into your pocket?
- What do we call a set of computer programs to control the
operation of a computer?
- What kind of computer can you use on the plane?
- access — to find information, especially on a computer
- crash — a complete breakdown of a computer system or program
- database — a large amount of information stored in computer
- E-mail (electronic mail) — a system that allows messages to be
sent from one computer to another
- floppy disk (diskette) — a small removable magnetic disc which
is used to store data
- hard disk — magnetic disk inside a computer that stores data and
- hardware — the electrical and mechanical parts of a computer
system including the screen, the keyboard and the hard disk
- laptop — a computer small enough to be held on one's knees for
- multimedia — the combination of sound, graphics and video to
present information on a computer
- software — programs what run a computer
- the Internet — an international network of computers
- virtual reality (VR) — the effect produced by using computer
images to make places or situations look real when they are not
- virus — program secretly introduced into a computer, which makes
copies of itself and often damages other programs
- web site (site) — a place on the Internet that gives you
information about a particular subject or product
- World Wide Web — the system that stores information for computer
users around the world
Keys 1d, 2k, 3i, 4l, 5a, 6f, 7b, 8g, 9c, 10 m, 11n, 12 o, 13e, 14j, 15h.
6. Teacher: at our lesson we spoke about different kinds of texts
which connect with your future profession. Before listening the text let’s
remember some words.
Translate into Russian
- Electronic __________________________________________________
- Scientific inventions___________________________________________
- Separate components_________________________________________
- Semiconductor _____________________________________________
7. Teacher: listen to the text. Try to understand, do a short quiz and
get ready ask questions.
The Development of Information Technology
International technology, IT, changed our society. It comprises electronic
computer technology and telecommunication technology. Its development originated
from fundamental scientific inventions in physics.
The development of electronic computer technology started with the invention
of the integrated circuit in 1960 and the microprocessor in 1970s.The number of
components on a chip was rather large and the machines were really big. Today
chips with millions of separate components allow the creation of a complete
Chip development has been matched by dynamic and powerful developments in
telecommunication technology. Ultra-rapid transistors and semiconductor lasers
based on heterostructures of semiconductors are playing a decisive part in
Electronic components are made of semiconductors, i.e. materials that is
something between a conductor and an insulator. Most semiconductor components
are made of silicon. A semiconductor, consisting of several thin layers with
different band gaps, is termed a heterostructured semiconductor. In the 70-s
heterostructure lasers became able to work at room temperature. This made
possible fibre-optic communications.
The invention of the transistor in 1947 is usually taken to mark the start of
the development of modern semiconductor technology. A transistor is smaller,
more reliable and less energy-consuming than the radio valve, which thus lost
its importance. Ten years later many elements were fabricated in one and of the
same basic material, and in one piece. This invention is more technical and led
to development of apparatus and instruments.
8. Teacher: let’s check if you’ve understood everything. If you agree
– write "+”
If you disagree write "-”
Agree or Disagree
- A short name of International technology is LG.
- The development of electronic computer technology started with the
inventions of the integrated circuit in 1950.
- Ultra-rapid transistor and semiconductors lasers are playing decisive
part in modern telecommunications.
- Most semiconductors components are made of silicone.
- A transistor is bigger than radio valve.
- Ten years later many element were fabricated in one and of the basic
material, and in one piece.
9. Работа в парах
Студенты задают вопросы друг другу по тексту.
- Did information technology change our life?
– Yes, it did
- What did change our society?
– The information technology change our society.
- What are most semiconductor components made of?
– Most semiconductor components are made of silicon.
- What are electronic components made of?
– Electronic components are made of semiconductors/
- Heterostructured semiconductor it is a semiconductor which consists of
10. Подведение итогов.
Teacher: today we have been speaking about the computer technology. Will you
summarize our conversation? (Собственное высказывание студентов по опоре).
Student 1: We have leant about…
Student 2: The most interesting fact I have leant is…
Student 3: I haven’t known about … before…
11. Комментирование оценок.
12. Let’s have fun
Teacher: words often change their meaning to suit the new realities of
life. The use of computers has started an intensive process of change, which is
still going on. Much of Russian speaker. This poem proves that it is much the
same to a native English speaker.
A computer was something on TV
(frankly speaking it was rarely seen)
a site was only a place
and a window was something you hated to clean
Memory was something you lost with age
a keyboard on piano was making a sound
a program was a TV show
and the net was for playing around
A mouse pad was where a mouse lived
paste you did with glue
a web was a spider’s home
and a virus was the flu
I guess I’II stick to my pad and paper
and the memory in my head
I hear nobody’s been killed in a computer crash
but when it happens they wish they were dead
13. Домашнее задание: write down the essay "The Development of